The science department at H. Frank Carey High School is designed to provide each student with a comprehensive science education that includes hands on experiences that will require students to think logically, critically, and creatively. It is expected that students will be able to apply their scientific background to solve real life problems!
The overall goals of the science department are to:
- provide a science program that meets the needs of all types of students.
- teach a curriculum that is consistent with the New York State standards.
- ensure students learn to apply their scientific concepts to everyday situations.
- provide the opportunity for students to develop laboratory skills to use when problem solving.
- integrate technology into our courses so that students can develop their technological skills while learning science.
- develop scientific method skills, so that students can develop a science project which will enhance their understanding of science concepts.
- teach students responsibility.
- inform students about professional and vocational opportunities in science.
- promote the philosophy and goals of the school.
MIT Game Lab (Exploring the Potential of Play): gamelab.mit.edu/research